Deliciously spicy Peri Peri Chicken Livers best served on buttered bread rolls with a fresh green salad.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 fresh chilies, deseeded and chopped
- ½ teaspoon peri-peri powder or cayenne pepper
- 250g chicken livers
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 120ml dry white wine
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- Heat the oil in a saucepan then add the onion, garlic and chillies and sauté until soft and golden brown.
- Add the cayenne pepper or peri-peri and mix well.
- Add the chicken livers and tomatoes and stir-fry over high heat until the livers are just cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper, add the wine and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes and serve. (serves 4)