There are few things that can beat the smell of fresh Cinnamon Buns baking in the oven. These buns can be whipped up in minutes and is perfect for breakfast or a relaxing afternoon tea.
• ½ lb. unsalted butter, softened
• ½ sugar
• 6 oz. plain flour
• 6 eggs
• 2 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. Line 2 dozen tartlet tins with paper cup cake cases. The tins should measure about 2 ½ inches in diameter across the bottom.
3. Beat the butter, sugar and ½ oz. of the flour together with an electric mixer until the mixture is light and fluffy. Then beat in the eggs, one at a time.
4. Mix the remaining flour and the cinnamon and sift them slowly over the mixture, beating all the while. Continue to beat until the batter is smooth.
5. Ladle the batter into the paper lined tartlet tins, filling each one about half full.
6. Bake in the centre of the oven for about 15 minutes until the tops of the buns are golden brown and firm to the touch.
7. Carefully turn the buns out of the tins and serve warm or at room temperature.
(makes 20-24 buns)